Last Updated: June 29, 2021
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect information reasonably capable of identifying you as an individual (“Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include anonymous or aggregate information that does not identify you as an individual.
- Creating a User Account: If you sign up to use our Platform, we collect your Ethereum wallet address, username, and email address. The User may elect to provide their full name, location, biographical information, and a website.
- Applying as an Artist: If you want to join the world’s top digital artists in our Market, we collect your first and last name, email address, a short application video, Ethereum wallet address, and information about your art.
- Visiting the Site or Market: We also collect basic analytics data when you access or use the Platform through Cookies. See our Cookies Policy below for more information about the Cookies we use and what data they may collect.
What We Do With Personal Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information we collect to:
- Make the Platform work and enable you to list, buy, transfer, or trade unique digital and physical art;
- Provide you with critical updates, confirmations, or security alerts;
- Provide support or respond to your comments or questions;
- Personalize and improve your experience;
- Inform you about products, services, news, or promotional opportunities we think might interest you;
- Analyze and improve our Platform.
When We May Share Personal Information
We rely on service providers to make some of the Platform’s features work, including our website providers or the company who supports the chat feature. These providers may have access to Personal Information we collect so they can do this work on our behalf. We work hard to ensure these providers only access and use your information as necessary to perform their functions.
We also collect basic analytics data through Cookies when you access or use the Platform. A “Cookie” is a small piece of data or text file stored on the local hard disk of your computer or mobile device. These include our own first-party Cookies and third-party Cookies. Some Cookies are only stored temporarily and destroyed each time you close your web browser. Others may remain on your browser and may collect and store data for a period of time after you have left the Platform.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to understand how users interact with the Platform and serve you information about products or services we think you may like. You can find out more about Google Analytics and how to opt-out here.
How you can control Cookies
If you wish to prevent Cookies from tracking your activity on our Platform or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain Cookies or notify you when a Cookie is set. For more information on how you can customize your browser’s Cookie setting please visit the link to your web browser below:
You may opt-out of interest-based advertising in general by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s or Network Advertising Initiative’s websites. We are not responsible for the completeness, effectiveness, or accuracy of any third-party opt-out options or programs.
If you block Cookies, some features that make the Platform function property may not work and your experience may be affected.
You may contact us at [email protected] to update or correct any Personal Information we collected about you.
You can unsubscribe from commercial or marketing communications from us by contacting us at [email protected] or following the instructions at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
California Privacy Rights
- Third-party marketing: We do not provide your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, we may share aggregate or other information that no longer personally identifies you with other parties for our business purposes, marketing, analytics, or other uses.
- Do not track: Some web browsers or smartphones can set “Do Not Track” requests to block user activity from being tracked across web pages or devices. We do not honor Do Not Track mechanism as there is no industry-standard way to do so.
Minors and Children
The Platform is not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we collected Personal Information from a child under 13 we will delete that information from our files.
Third-Party Links and Services
Our Policy only applies to our Platform and does not apply to third-party websites or services because we do not control those third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of third-party websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third-party sites to learn about their practices or what rights you may have.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) sets forth a Notification and Counter Notification process initiated by a party complaining of alleged copyright infringement on the Art Haus Platform. We may share information of the notifying, counter-notifying party, and any involved third parties, such as a Collector, of an allegedly infringing artwork to facilitate communication between the relevant parties for the purposes of complying with or resolving a DMCA dispute or allegation of copyright infringement.
Nothing in this Policy restricts our ability to:
- Comply with applicable law, rules, or regulations, including the DMCA;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or lawful court order;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies about conduct we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate the law;
- Protect our rights or our property;
- Enforce our Terms of Service; or,
- Prevent behavior that is (or that we think may be) illegal or unethical.
Changes to this Policy
If you have questions about this Policy or how we treat your Personal Information, please contact us at [email protected].